Sunday, December 6, 2009

Podcast Hosting Services


For video podcasting I have considered three services, bliptv, Mevio, and Podbean. Bliptv seems to be a really strong choice if you are not interested in advertising anything on your own. They do have a program for sharing advertising revenue that they may partner with you on if your show gets an audience.

MEVIO also looks good but they were looking for " personality-driven episodic entertainment to best engage our customers-comprised of viewers, producers, advertisers and partners. MEVIO is one of the fastest growing entertainment sites on the web." My program was education content related so I was not sure I fit in.

I am using Podbean which I am not fully pleased with. Their server has been down enough to notice from random tests. Their statistics are not great and do not seem to even be consistent from category to category. I am able to get my own advertisers which at this point works for me. Whenever I send their helpline a question I get a response from "Daphne" who appears to be a person who does not speak English as a first language. Her grammar is awkward.

On the higher end is Cachefly which has a limit on bandwidth for downloads before additional charges kick in. They have a high end worldwide delivery system which ensures high speed delivery and they guarantee 100% online reliability. Their demographic statistics are extensive. I think I am going with Cachefly or a similar service when I can afford it. I am finding other potential services by watching a variety of podcasts.

I would love to get more feedback on these and other options.

1 comment:

  1. I get it clear idea about video web hosting and how its working all the information through this blog. All the points are explained very clearly.

    ReplyDelete